First Plant help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sawyer_Peyton18

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got my first live plant yesterday. It's a anubias congenesis. It is tied to a rock in a one gallon aquarium with an under gravel filter.

I'm not adding ferts and the bulb is 5 watts.

The only inhabitant is a half moon betta.

Why are the leaves slightly curled on the end??ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416195242.053879.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416195280.803249.jpg

"Mischief Managed"

I think your plant is fine. I have an Anubis (it's a different kind) and the leaves are a little curled but the plant is perfectly fine. But if you are worried about the plant I might try plant food but I think that theImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416196177.444377.jpg waste from the betta is probably enough.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I think your plant is fine. I have an Anubis (it's a different kind) and the leaves are a little curled but the plant is perfectly fine. But if you are worried about the plant I might try plant food but I think that theView attachment 255981 waste from the betta is probably enough.

Ok Thanks!! I'm new to plants so I'm a little paranoid!! ??

"Mischief Managed"

I'm not sure I've had Anubis in my tank for a couple months now and it still doesn't look like its attached to the driftwood. I would make sure it's tied down close to the rock because mine is pretty lose and I think that's the problem.

Back
Top Bottom