First planted: My 75g Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could cut the large piece of driftwood down on the side that won't be visible to make it work. Unless u plan on a larger tank for it. Just an option

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could cut the large piece of driftwood down on the side that won't be visible to make it work. Unless u plan on a larger tank for it. Just an option

Oh trust me I would love to have an even larger tank... BUT I promised the other people in the house aka my family i would stop filling the house with tanks :) in the future I plan on going 100+ gallons when I get more experience.

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

I am flexible enough to upgrade to say like a t5 ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421861509.003475.jpg Amazon has pretty fair prices but I also want quality that isn't going to break a few months down the road.

Caleb

I'd skip.the t5 ho look into a finnex planted plus!

Just a note, a 10g is not a good tank for Tiger Barbs. You'll need to move them. They are VERY active swimmers and get 3".

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+880+993&pcatid=993

Your 10 gallon could become a shrimp tank or you could do nano fish like Celestial Pearl Danios.

(Cheesy music alert)
http://youtu.be/aptmdICahvM

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks I just don't know what to do with them now. Doubt petsmart would take them back

Caleb

I went ahead and ordered the Finnex FugeRay Planted+ 48 inch. I want what is best for my tank and I have never heard a bad review about this light.

Caleb

There is another member who runs one on a 75 and it has done very well for him.. i run 2 on a 20tall, it's too much light, I'm a glutton for algae punishment;)

There is another member who runs one on a 75 and it has done very well for him.. i run 2 on a 20tall, it's too much light, I'm a glutton for algae punishment;)

My 45g has a T8. The tank is tall(about 24 inches) so it's not as bad but still have to watch for brown algae.

Caleb

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421883262.953622.jpg

Here it is. More plants. It's cloudy because well it's not done cycling yet.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421883351.561035.jpg

Any ideas as far as my filter pulling on the plant?

Caleb

I love my Finnex planted plus! Amazingly better light than the Current TruLumen, which I am replacing.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I love my Finnex planted plus! Amazingly better light than the Current TruLumen, which I am replacing.

Thanks for the insight! Definitely makes me feel better about my purchase knowing someone else is satisfied with one.

Caleb

Check out this par reading for the 24 in planted plus on a 20 tall (16 inch), should give you an idea on how much light your getting. I also run two 30 in planted plus on a 29 gal, so I'm happy with the light. I would say you would be running medium light with the 48 in planted + fixture.
http://youtu.be/vD7QaRzf1Qw

I also have a planted+ on a smaller tank (20g long). It is only 12" deep so PAR levels are higher. I also run a FugeRay (my original fixture) on the same tank. I stagger the times with two timers because it is a lot of light. I'm happy with the planted+. I think you will be as well.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422062765.897576.jpg

Found my peacock eel out today. Hoping I can see him eat something.

What should I do about the fuzzy white stuff on my driftwood? I was told it's good bacteria and it will go away but it is really building up on the log. Should I clean it off?

Caleb

Yes you should definitely clean that off!!

Yes you should definitely clean that off!!

Okay thank you. I'll do it after work tommorow. But is it actually harmful to the fish? I was told it's just bacteria on the log and not to worry about it.

Caleb

It's not harmful for the fish it's just really ugly and there's no reason to leave it on!!

It's not harmful for the fish it's just really ugly and there's no reason to leave it on!!

Okay I'll clean it off tommorow :) maybe it will help my water clean up a little.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom