First planted tank...progress and plans....suggestions welcome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattfinn

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all first post here....
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405632593.594663.jpg a month growth
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405632705.663332.jpg
a week growth
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405631720.105127.jpg
This is my first planted tank, enjoying the hobby and new avenues open to the hobby. This is my 23g tall diy tank with diy LEDs giving me low to med light. I have some hygro in there as well as wisteria, chain sword and rotala Walachii. Firstly I know I'm not meeting the requirements with the Walachii I'm not happy with it and recieved it off a friend who was going to throw it out. This tank has been running as is for about 4-5 months now. I have 4 cherry barbs, 1 harlequin rasbora these 5 are from my previous 10g community. 2 pearl gouramis and 2 juevenile GBRs both female.

I'm not happy with the wisteria and Walachii and have plans to take both out, and put in an amazon sword in the very back and maybe a red flame sword and want to plant some giant baby tears and add a few bunches of ambulia around the place.

I'm setting up a diy co2 system this weekend as I've put it off due to some ICH which I've successfully treated through a heated method which has resulted in some melting from my chain sword but there are still new shoots popping up so it's coming together.
Am I on the right track with my intentions? This is all new to me and I wish I had a 20g long but I got this tank for free and thought WTH I might try a planted tank.

Also sorry about the slight green colour my filter media is falling a part and I need to replace it, and there is a pea somewhere which my barbs weren't interested in somewhere that I need to find....

Also I have moved the hygro recently I had it spread out but gave it a trim yesterday and pulled it up and replanted it bunched up a little bit more so that I could fit a sword in the back so it hasn't settled yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looking at it now I may spread the hygro out again but closer to the left side but definitely taking out that wisteria and Walachii

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom