First try at planted tanks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aski247

Aquarium Advice Addict
So if some remember me, know I’ve pretty much been a CA/SA cichlid guy all my life meaning I’ve never been able to take a stab at planted tanks.

Well... last year I took all my tanks down, and was roughly with out anything but a crummy betta bowl... (wasn’t even mine was my girls)

Then... I got the itch for a tank. So me being me picked 2 5.5g tanks and two bettas and boom.. itches scratched right? Almost... so I got home from my LFS today and had plants and some driftwood... ok.. I’m ready to rock this... nope! I didn’t have a syphon that was small enough that wouldn’t drain these tiny tanks in seconds...

so I set out to Petsmart for a quick pick up... naturally I stopped by to peep the fish out... and saw another betta I had to have.. so.. left for a syphon.. came back with a syphon and a third full setup.

Sorry for the third tank being cloudy I was over it after the other two tanks... haha
IMG_3032.jpgIMG_3031.jpgIMG_3030.jpg

Pretty good for a stone and sand cichlids guy... youd better still have the dog?!?!?!

Happy birthday!!! Mines about 4 too. She ate my new slippers today.. she was so proud.. love dogs huh..

Happy birthday!!! Mines about 4 too. She ate my new slippers today.. she was so proud.. love dogs huh..

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] so as I was going through my old fish stuff I found 3-4 of my old AC110’s he cut the power cords on eating through them, at least 2 heaters, one 4’ light...

No idea why I never trashed that stuff haha took it to the basement with the rest of the fish junk and forgot I guess haha.

3 tanks on first re-do.....
The addiction is strong with this one ! :whistle:
Tanks look nice.

Lol you have no idea, my buddy who gave me the rocks for the two tanks that’s holding the driftwood down... has a 110g and a 5’ 120g he’s not using, ima buy the 120 and a fx6 from him and do a bigger planted apisto/ram/community tank. Just need tax money back haha

Back
Top Bottom