Fish advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fdsh5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay so the 20 gallon tank is coming along. The shrimp are making it their home and still have some bunches that need to root before I plant them. I am kicking around the idea of a couple fish in there. What kind of fish can someone recommend that won't tear up the plants or devour my little shrimp. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

Attachments

• image-3835111418.jpg
    image-3835111418.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 122
I think some swordtails would look nice in there. Don't forget to un-bunch your stem plants and plant them separately, otherwise they won't get enough light

I think some swordtails would look nice in there. Don't forget to un-bunch your stem plants and plant them separately, otherwise they won't get enough light

+1 Also, can't tell from your pics, but if you left the metal weights on them, it's best to take them off.

Looks nice!

Okay, weights are off and all planted. Now time to figure out what fish. If I don't have to go to work there is a fish auction in Erie pa tomorrow. Might take a ride and bring something home. :) thanks for the ideas so far. Gotta surf the net and see what strikes my fancy.

Attachments

• image-4236862628.jpg
    image-4236862628.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 102
Coleallensmom said:
+1 Also, can't tell from your pics, but if you left the metal weights on them, it's best to take them off.

Looks nice!

I always thought they were OK? I like them because until I get peat/PFS substrate, my plants don't really stay rooted in my petco special gravel (<-noob move, I know :) ).

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

Thanks for the compliment. I can't take credit for the plant assortment though. It was an assortment pack I got from baylees.

I always thought they were OK? I like them because until I get peat/PFS substrate, my plants don't really stay rooted in my petco special gravel (<-noob move, I know :) ).

After a while they can damage the stems and cause a lot of rot, die off, etc. Depending on the plant in question, in can sometimes be difficult to plant each stem individually but once the plants are established they will grow out roots and won't float up anymore.

It's a 20 gallon with 3 15 watt bulbs. 2 are 6700 and one is 10000. Oh wait I know what you mean by the pink. It's dust from the substrate. When I put it in it clouded up like crazy so the red dust got everywhere. It still settles on the glass and heater etc. Eventually it will clear, but thanks I'm so used to it I didn't know what you meant at first.

Back
Top Bottom