Fissidens Fontanus, anyone grow this stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw it on another forum and this looks really cool. It is a very intersting shape and look that I haven't seen before.

HERE is the link to it.

Another link to this pretty aquatic moss. It is also native to the US so no worry about noxious weed listings. :)

Also, what type of wire mesh is that? Looks like something that would really work well for mosses and even riccia but I don't recall seeing it before. Nice sized gaps and also should have enough weight to not have to be weighted down like plastic canvas.

While I don't grow it yet, I should have a small amount arriving later this week. I'm really looking forward to giving it a try. It's rather expensive right now even when you get a good deal, but that's the case with any of the new plants to the hobby.

Purrbox, where did you get it from? I have not seen a listing for it anywhere.

Other than that, the wire mesh, anyone know what it is called?

I'm getting it from a member over on APC. There's a few members on that forum that offer it for sale periodically.

From the pictures of the wire mesh, it looks like you could easily susbstitute the plastic craft mesh, found at places like Michael's Crafts or JoAnn Fabric.

Back
Top Bottom