Fissidens Splachnobryoides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you live in the USA. I would not buy any plants from aquatic magic. You will most likley never get them. You also could get a vist from US customes and it might not be good. :banghead:

I agree with the others... I've heard of plants getting held up in customs for weeks. Even if it does make it, it usually takes over a week (which means dead/dying plants) to get in the US.

I bought some from aquatic magic a few years ago. It was still green when it arrived, but it didn't last long in my tank... I am not sure what the magic formula is to get the stuff to grow and survive, but I successfully grew many high light needy plants in the tank (including rotala macranda), but this stuff just didn't survive, even under 4WPG of T5HO lighting.

I know a friend of min got a vist from the US customes at his house for ordering palnts from there. All he said to me is next time he is in deep [moderator edit] if he gets plants from them again. Thw other stuff they sell is fine. Just do not get anything live from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have bought many rare or hard to find plant species from international sellers due to their non-availability in the US. No semi-intelligent international seller will put the word "plants" or anything like it on their customs forms. Every time I have bought anything from AquaticMagic, the customs forms usually just say "gifts". Just my personal experience... obviously others have had differing results, but I would not hesitate to reorder from them or other international sellers. Plants can be surprisingly hardy and can survive a week or 2 in shipping so long as the temperature extremes are not too much.

Fortunately I'm not in the UU (not in a bad way, I'd love to go) so I think I'll order thanks for the link to the thread about to read it now, thanks for the advice

I decided not to get it, went to my local garden centre and they gace me a clump of java moss for 50p!!!!

I want to upload pics but my app won't let me
:(

I live in Canada and I just ordered some of this from Aquatic Magic, How was I supposed to know? What is so illegal with ordering plants?

It's best to ask around about dealers that are not located in your state or Country. I here this happening way to often.

Did you get a letter or did some one stop at your home and asked about them?

People that decide to dump plants they don't need into lakes and they become invasive ruin the plant business for the rest of us.

Back
Top Bottom