Floaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anteatergoanna

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am after a few FLOATING plants, that are hardy and good growers. I,m not interested in Duckweed, makes such a {mod edit} mess!
I would be interested in your ideas.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Pennywort, water lettuce, silvania natans, frogbit big and small are nice, Asian ambulia can be left to float too. Water hyacinth too.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Floating Plants

I am after a few FLOATING plants, that are hardy and good growers. I,m not interested in Duckweed, makes such a mess!
I would be interested in your ideas.
Thank you

Hello ant...

I use Hornwort, Anacharis (Elodea densa or Brazilian water weed) and Pennywort. Hornwort is the fastest grower, Anacharis is the enemy of most forms of algae and Pennywort is one of the nicest looking in the tank.

Just some observations from my years growing them.

B

Last edited by a moderator:
I love salvinia minima, frogbit, hornwort, anacharis, dwarf water lettuce, giant duckweed (not sure if you think this would make a mess as well), and Azolla.
Hornwort is the easiest to take care of but Azolla looks the best IMO.

I have some broad leafed water sprite and it is a nice floating plant, it also grows at a fairly steady speed so you don't have to remove extras as often (for my tank at least )

Wow, thanks all, there's some lovely ones out there, i didn't realise I would have so much choice! Thank you, I'm outta here and into eBay

Red root floaters, amazon frogbit, water lettuce, and if you want to really get fancy, ludwigia sedioides aka mosaic plant.
ludwigia-sedioides.jpg

wow, that's lovely, i shall see where i can get some of that. Is it a fast grower?

Back
Top Bottom