Floating plant Recomendation ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandoborg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey All, my 29 gallon is really starting to take hold now thatnks to a bunch of advice from the folks here, as well as a couple of plant packages via the classifieds that really set me up. I was wondering if anyone could recomend a floating plant? Is there such a plant that will not spread across the entire top of my tank ? I'd really like just a couple of things up there floatin' around for my fish to play in and hide once in a while ! I Have a Finnex Ray2 daylight light, paintball CO2, dose with Seachem Flourish, and am expecting the GLA PPS ferts tommorow if all that guides your advice !

THANK YOU so much for any suggestions, i figured i'd ask here before i buy something that's going to invade my tank and need a haircut every other day !!

Again, thanks to you folks, my tank is really starting to come together and verybody loves it !!

Jim

Hello man...

One of the hardiest and easiest to grow is likely Pennywort. You can get it very cheaply at the local chain pet stores like Petco and Petsmart. Second to Pennywort would be Brazilian water weed (Anacharis). Both require just subdued lighting.

B

Water sprite works great and the oak leaf water sprite grows really nice looking when floated. Another good plant is water lettuce. I actually have water hyacinth plants floating in my 55g. I have an open top tank and my fixture sits about 3" above the rim. I have the water level lowered only 1" and they do great. Any of these plants are easily controlled.

Water sprite works great and the oak leaf water sprite grows really nice looking when floated. Another good plant is water lettuce. I actually have water hyacinth plants floating in my 55g. I have an open top tank and my fixture sits about 3" above the rim. I have the water level lowered only 1" and they do great. Any of these plants are easily controlled.

Agreed, I have sprite floating in my betta tank it's a very pretty green and they love playing in it

Ahhh thanks for the replies guys, exactly what i was hoping to hear !! I'm not toally blown away by Pennywort yet, still on the fence with that one......I like the Water Sprite idea, i think i'll look for that this weekend around here and if not i'll be putting a 'want' ad in the classifieds to see what i can get. Rivercat, your one of the reason my tank is starting to look good, thanks for your advice and recomendations.

THANKS AGAIN !!!!

Jim

Glad I can help but if you can find oak leaf water sprite or some floating water sprite with thicker leaves get that one. IMO it's prettier floating than the thin leaved variety.

Back
Top Bottom