Floramax T8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mar23

Aquarium Advice Freak
I decided to replace the fluorescent lights that came with my tank in an attempt to help my plants. The lights that came with the tank are Marineland natural daylight. So, not knowing anything about lighting, I got on Amazon and looked for something better. I purchased the Floramax T8 because it said that they promoted plant growth and they were the right size for my hood. I just put them in today, and they looked noticeably less bright than the old ones, and they also gave everything kind of a red hue. So, what is your take? Are they better? Should I return them for something else? If so, what should I replace them with? I am not interested in replacing my hood. I just want to replace the lightbulbs/fluorescent tubes, with something better for my plants. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Nobody has ever used these?

I go to the hardware store and buy the bulbs marked for aquariums with plants

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And you get good results?

Ok results. My plants grow and I don't really have any algae. No ferts are used either. Some people suggest against the plant bulbs and use bright white or daylight bulbs from hardware store also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I've used them there all right not going to be able to grow most plants. Just basic ones like Java moss and fern, Anubis, and probably water sprite.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've used them there all right not going to be able to grow most plants. Just basic ones like Java moss and fern, Anubis, and probably water sprite.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok, thanks. I have swords.

Back
Top Bottom