Flourish ferts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1111

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I plan on buying flourish, excel, and iron for my plant.(amazon sword) I heard swords are root feeders, so will it help the sword? I do plan on getting more plants.

For now, I would add root tabs, liquid ferts won't help it much, root tabs are what you need, later on add the flourish

For now, I would add root tabs, liquid ferts won't help it much, root tabs are what you need, later on add the flourish

+1 to this. If you ever get crypts in the future they are the same as swords in the sense they need root tabs more than liquid ferts.

I plan on buying flourish, excel, and iron for my plant.(amazon sword) I heard swords are root feeders, so will it help the sword? I do plan on getting more plants.

I use root tabs and liquid Ferts. It will help your other plants and can help your swords. Root tabs are main food for Swords of course.

Hello Fish...

Swords will do well in subdued lighting and as long as you change the tank water regularly and have a reasonable fish load, the combination of the water changes and the fish wastes that dissolve in the tank water, will be enough to fertilize your less demanding plants. The lighting can be no more than a watt to 1.5 watts per gallon of tank volume.

Commercial ferts tend to be pricey and the effort sometimes needed to dose them properly may not be needed. I keep varieties of Anubias, Cryptocoryne, Singapore moss, Java fern, Anacharis and Pennywort and very rarely use ferts. I do large, regular water changes and feed the fish a balanced diet. These are the best longer term fertilizers.

B

Back
Top Bottom