Flourish K Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
i am using an EI calculator that comes us a .91ppm Fe for every 14.3 ppm K in Flourish K. is this right?

I'm am reading the guaranteed analysis from my bottle of Seachem's Potassium. Fe is not listed. Only ingredient is 5.5 K20 derived from potassium sulfate.

Known bug in the Fertilator and in the 3.0 bug list at site feedback.

Reply from Flourish today.

Flourish Potassium does not have any iron in it. The only Flourish
products with iron are: Flourish, Flourish Iron, and Flourish Tabs.

Best Regards,
Seachem Tech Support~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seachem Laboratories, Inc. www.seachem.com 888-SEACHEM

K2SO4 and /KCl are mighty cheap, I'd just use them and then the calculators and the wallet work well(you have more $).

1 lb will last several years for most folks.
See www.GregWatson.com

For K+, PO4, NO3, GH(Ca and Mg) sources for nutrients.
Cheap, fast service and saves time looking around.

Seachem is good for folks that need a quick fix or are unaware about the dry ferts, don't mind paying more and like nice bottles of liquids.
It does help when folks do come around to dry ferts, since they are familiar with K+, PO4 etc already.

Regards,
Tom Barr

in the bottles of K and PO4 how can we calculate how much is a certain PPm, it lists the amount you should dose in Mg/L for a suggested tank size. is there a formula you can convert the Mg/L into ppm to find out the correct dosage? I jsut started dosing macros today, ive on ly been dosing micros so im a bit late on the dosing.

You can also use one of the many calculators linked in the Fertilization sticky to calculate custom solutions or dry dosing. Chuck's calc is popular if you use Windows, and does all of the macronutrients sold by Greg Watson.

If you prefer formulas to calculate by hand, we're glad to help.

Either way, using mass percentage (as Chuck and most do) is more percise than Seachem's formulas, which I believe round heavily for simplicity.

I just followed the directions on the back of the bottle, for phosphorus I dosed about 3ml so that says it should raise my phos by .03 I have very minimal spot algea only about 10-15 spots. I tried getting a test kit for it but of course, they were sld out and I didnt want to drop money on a lamotte one. For the Potassium you cant really overdose according to the sticky and tom barr so I put in about 4mg/l but if "Potassium levels can be kept around 10-20ppm." then I need to be dosing about 5 capfulls if one gives me 2mg/L right?

Back
Top Bottom