Flourite and aquasoil.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robo-snickers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it possible, or a good idea to say add a layer flourite then a layer of ada aquasoil on top of it. I am mainly want to do this to add a thick layer of substrate and adding pure aquasoil is expensive. Also, flourite is said to add alot of iron. Another idea is adding a think layer of Osmocoat to the bottom of the tank for added nutrients. Think this would work?

I was thinking about doing the same thing for my next scape. In my case, I have EcoComplete instead of Flourite. Most for the cost.
I suppose the worse case scenario is the mixing of substrate when moving plants. But you can always top it off with more AS.

You can layer any substrates, but they will eventually mix. Especially if you have a lot of fast growing plants or like to move things around frequently.

Absolutely no to the osmocote though, it releases ammonia. It's much better to add the osmocote directly where root feeding plants will be placed.

If using Ada go with the light version or you'll be water changing for a month. Also I'd get the 3 pack of additives (bacta 300, clear super etc etc) I've been fighting blue green algae with my Ada soil and the additives are ment to stop it from forming [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom