Flourite and Root Tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquabeast

Aquarium Advice FINatic
anyone here use flourite and root tabs for the planys they have?? i just finally found some root tabs and was wondering how i should put them in my gravel. Right underneath each plant or just around?

aquabeast said:
anyone here use flourite and root tabs for the planys they have?? i just finally found some root tabs and was wondering how i should put them in my gravel. Right underneath each plant or just around?

Do you mean Flourish ? Plant food ? Or Flourite ? Substrate ?

I have Flourite sand with DIY root caps. Works great.

Bury root tabs deep. They can be near the plants. Space root tabs maybe 6" apart or as needed if you have a big tank. The Seachem website has instructions I think.

I use tabs for Swords, Crypts and some stem plants.

the laterite gravel its red in color. i have a layer of it and was wondering if anyone had luck wth that too. i use flourish already, so nothing new there. it said on the box to have 10 inches between each root tab. and i have basically a low light tank with red wendettis, assorted crypts, luteas and spiralis.

aquabeast said:
the laterite gravel its red in color. i have a layer of it and was wondering if anyone had luck wth that too. i use flourish already, so nothing new there. it said on the box to have 10 inches between each root tab. and i have basically a low light tank with red wendettis, assorted crypts, luteas and spiralis.

Your Crypts will appreciate the root tabs ;)
This is a vid of my tank
You can see my Crypts a bit.

thats a really nice healthy looking tank1 how big are your crypts? mine are around 5 to 6 inches tall.

aquabeast said:
thats a really nice healthy looking tank1 how big are your crypts? mine are around 5 to 6 inches tall.

Thank You. My C wendtii "Mi Oya" grew fast. They are prob, 6" ? I'll have to look. I have a C lucens that is partially hidden, so I may sell a Mi Oya. I have C retrospiralis temporarily in the front left corner with a lucens.

My other tank has a bunch of Crypts.

a lot of the plants i bought, i got them over 2 years ago, and forgot the names! lol i bought a crypt, im not sure of the name, but its about a foot tall now, and it has broad leaves, and starts new leaves every two weeks! i have about 3 red wendettis, 2 luteas, 2 undulatas, 2 v. spiralis, and a crypt parva. when i started with plants i never thought i could keep them, but now, im pretty set at it. even though theyre all low light plants.lol!

aquabeast said:
a lot of the plants i bought, i got them over 2 years ago, and forgot the names! lol i bought a crypt, im not sure of the name, but its about a foot tall now, and it has broad leaves, and starts new leaves every two weeks! i have about 3 red wendettis, 2 luteas, 2 undulatas, 2 v. spiralis, and a crypt parva. when i started with plants i never thought i could keep them, but now, im pretty set at it. even though theyre all low light plants.lol!

I'm starting to write plant names down on my phone. Can't remember them all. The day I got
C nurii Pahang mutated I had to write it down to remember it. LOL. one of the rarest plants on the planet in my tank :). My club grows them :D

im gonna start keeping the plastic tags in the baskets to remember the names. which club??

Aquarium clubs are definitely not the same as plant clubs thought. I don't think I would be interested in an aquarium centered club.

aqua_chem said:
Aquarium clubs are definitely not the same as plant clubs thought. I don't think I would be interested in an aquarium centered club.

But there is some cross interest.
More people in Aquarium clubs are getting into plants. People in my Plant club are also into fish and Shrimp :)

I suggest it as a way to network, learn more, meet new people, see others tanks, get some killer deals.

Next weekend I have 2 Mega Auctions to attend. Aquarium Clubs, but there will still be stuff I want/need.

My Plant Club sold some very Rare Crypts at one of the auctions last year. Plants that were $45 each went for $5-$10.

Back
Top Bottom