Flourite Dust on Plants..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gundy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I dived into a 20L planted tank last week and got a wonderful surprise with flourite even after washing it throughly a few times to rid the dust. My tank looked like pond water for about a day! After it cleared, I decided to plant some of my swords and such - and the dust was so bad I had to plant some swords and grass one day. Then wait, and plant some more the next after it would settle again.

And now, I have dust covering the leaves of my plants! I was worried about the dust blocking the light for the plants. Is there a way to clear this up? Its like all my plants are dusty!

img_832502_0_61397d8ac2c6c2487f1744588686ffd3.jpg

img_832502_1_ee0bfb572a90d19581ea206df50187d4.jpg

img_832502_2_8516793b2de6a5ebb5314b1bdf544479.jpg

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've used Flourite in a number of tanks and as you siphon on a regular basis it will slowly disappear. That is a very nice tank BTW. I see that you have a puffer in it. Are there any other fish?

Thanks, I figured it would go away eventually its just a pain to look at! And when I shake the leaf dust just explodes in the tank and it takes abit to clear up.

Yes there is one figure 8 puffer that my friend had in a small tank. I would like to setup a brackish tank for him sometime this week. At the moment the planted was originally housed for 4 ADF and numerous pea puffers ( dwarf puffers ). But I am keeping my eyes open for something different.

Back
Top Bottom