Flow in a planted tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigRedsReefs10

Aquarium Advice Addict
Should I throw a k-nano 240 in to add a little flow to my 29 standard medium planted tank? Or I have an extra ac30 laying around, should I clean it and throw it on there? I feel like the side away from my filter is a little dead.

You do want water flow in a planted tank , as long as your plants aren't being completely blown around. It's good to distribute the ferts.

I'm sorry I don't know your exact hard wear.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's either a power filter (aquaclear 30) or a power head rated at 240 gph (pretty old so imagine it's decently lower than that).

Flow is extremely important In a planted tank. Especially when using co2

Try to make sure all power heads and filter outlets work the water in the same direction to create good circular flow

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Flow is extremely important In a planted tank. Especially when using co2

Try to make sure all power heads and filter outlets work the water in the same direction to create good circular flow

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

So should I go with both the filter and the power head or just one?

Theres a general rule for flow. Your looking to achieve lph 10X the volume of tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Should I throw a k-nano 240 in to add a little flow to my 29 standard medium planted tank? Or I have an extra ac30 laying around, should I clean it and throw it on there? I feel like the side away from my filter is a little dead.

I have the koralia nano 240 in my planted 29g and it's perfect. No dead spots, plants get a nice gentle sway, and ferts and co2 are well distributed.

Sent from my iPad using science

Back
Top Bottom