fluorescent lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexp08

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is there any bulb I can get that will be adequate enough for a low tech 55gal tank. It has two 18" bulbs. They say 15w. I know its 2-3 watts per gallon but I was on drsfostersmith.com and they have ALOT of different bulbs so I didnt know if there was one I could get that would
be adequate enough. It is an All-glass 24" fixture with and 18" standard fluorescent bulb

No one goes by the watts per gallon think anymore. Lighting has improved so much that it is no longer a reliable way to gauge light strength. You should be okay buying replacement tubes in the 6500k range. I got a replacement bulb for my T8 plant light at 1000bulbs.com. It had an odd length bulb and I could not find it anywhere else. If you order from Dr. Fosters and Smith just make sure the bulbs are for freshwater planted tanks and not salt tanks. The salt tanks use actinic bulbs that do not work for freshwater plants. I like Dr. Fosters and Smith and order from them often.

Back
Top Bottom