Fluorite or eco complete?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vundercoverdog

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 10 gal planted aquarium tank. I would live to add some subtrate that would help my plant get that lively green color but i dont know which one is better. I heard eco complete works for 18 months as opposed to fluorite whih last up to 4+ years or more? Help?? D: I have one sword but i'd like to add more :)

Ecocomplete looks better and has more nutrients than flourite. As far as how long they last for, none of them are going to last forever and both need root tabs or column dosing after just a few months, so you'd be fine using either.

I think it's all a matter of preference and how much $ you want to spend. I currently have a planted tank with a substrate mixture of both Eco-complete and flourite and another planted tank that just has peagravel and root tabs. FWIW, both tanks are flourishing.

I despise flourite because it never gets clean... every time I uproot a plant in my tank with flourite, a dust cloud follows. Eco or flormax doesn't do that... and it looks better too.

Layers of soil?

Could i live the substrate bare as in one layer not eco complete underneath peagravel?? Will it disinigrate? (Sorry for any spelling errors)

vundercoverdog said:
Also what are some good root tab brands or is the leaf zone pro i have sufficient?

Seachem tabs work really good.

I use peagravel and dose with the seachem flourish once a week and my plants are growing out of my tank. Call me old fashioned, but I don't really get into the substrates, co2, etc. I use what has always worked best for me, good lighting, frequent pwc's, and good ol mother time takes her course, and....bam....gorgeous planted Aquaria. Just my opinion. Do what works best for YOUR tank. My 2¢.

Back
Top Bottom