Fluval 3.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tdemler68

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What do you guys have your settings at!?!? I just got a new fluval 3.0 and am wondering what works for people! Length, % of each color and the length of all settings!!

What do you guys have your settings at!?!? I just got a new fluval 3.0 and am wondering what works for people! Length, % of each color and the length of all settings!!

Depends on:

Tank width
Tank height
CO2 concentrations
Excel / Metricide dosing
Fertilizer dosing
Water change schedule
Water source
Fish species
Plant species
Tank issues (algae, bacteria etc.)
Goals of the tank
Plant response to light intensity / color

It is a 4x2x2 120 gallon with diy co2 for now. Water change is once a week and many different plant species. Just give me a ballpark for what works for people who have this light!

It is a 4x2x2 120 gallon with diy co2 for now. Water change is once a week and many different plant species. Just give me a ballpark for what works for people who have this light!

Everything at 100% is where I run mine on a 2’ tall tank.

DIY CO2 will do more harm than good on a 120 gallon. You’ll need like 10 bubbles per second to reach sufficient CO2 levels, but with only medium light intensity it might not be an issue.

I would start with everything at or close to 75% full power and as plants grow in you can slowly ramp that up. Eventually you’ll need it at 100% on every channel as 2’ is a lot to both cover front to back and to penetrate to the substrate.

Back
Top Bottom