Fluval Ebi Shrimp Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tjt34

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anybody got any experience with this tank? Im thinking of buying it & want some undemanding plants in it if poss but not sure on space & substrate & lighting...

Also in more general terms I've seen lots of people suggest some plants for lower light (Anubis, java moss and others) but places I look only have scientific names-are these plants known by other names as I never seem to see them?

Thanks!

Hi, iv got one : )
Iv only got java moss and java fern in it and its thriving. The tank it self is brilliant, it comes with a 3D background,very nice shrimp safe gravel, shrimp net, shrimp food,shrimp conditioner. And all you need to get is a small heater, all in all a good little tank for your money.

Attachments

• image-715383911.jpg
    image-715383911.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 79
phatpaul said:
Hi, iv got one : )
Iv only got java moss and java fern in it and its thriving. The tank it self is brilliant, it comes with a 3D background,very nice shrimp safe gravel, shrimp net, shrimp food,shrimp conditioner. And all you need to get is a small heater, all in all a good little tank for your money.
Also git some crypts in there too which are growing nicely

Anybody got any experience with this tank? Im thinking of buying it & want some undemanding plants in it if poss but not sure on space & substrate & lighting...

Also in more general terms I've seen lots of people suggest some plants for lower light (Anubis, java moss and others) but places I look only have scientific names-are these plants known by other names as I never seem to see them?

Thanks!

I don't have an Ebi myself, but I know a lot about them. It is a god kit over all, but IMO it is better to get your own cube tank and use whatever light you want. The light that comes with it provides medium light. For high light, I suggest adding another of the same light. The stratum substrate is fantastic for both shrimp and plants, and looks good too. The filter that it comes with is just OK. It provides enough flow, but is not the best because it only uses sponges and gets clogged quickly sometimes. I have two of the same filter on 1g tanks and with the flow turned down all the way, they rattle A TON. Usually to find scientific names of both fish and plants, I just google whatever name I hear and then it will come up with both the common name and scientific name. After reading a lot on certain species especially plants, it is easy to remember scientific names of things.

Thanks for the input guys! Think I'm gonna go for it since can get a good deal on one and want to try a planted tank as well as set up a nice home for some shrimp (my only other tanks has a Betta who doesn't play nice).

If I get these easy to maintain plants, do I need to use any fertiliser or anything or just plant them and put a timer on my lights?

Tjt34 said:
Thanks for the input guys! Think I'm gonna go for it since can get a good deal on one and want to try a planted tank as well as set up a nice home for some shrimp (my only other tanks has a Betta who doesn't play nice).

If I get these easy to maintain plants, do I need to use any fertiliser or anything or just plant them and put a timer on my lights?

You could get away with a weekly dosing of seachem flourish, which has most of all the ferts you'll need for easy plants. You can put a timer on the lights and have them run no more than 8 hours a day.

Back
Top Bottom