Fluval Sky LED Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whitelightsea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, everyone.

So, I got a light upgrade for my 38 gallon tank, and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with it. It's a beautiful spectrum of lights, they reach all the way to the bottom of my tank, and the colors of my plants are beautiful. I'm hoping that my plants will take off like nobody's buisness.

The problem is that the little remote that's used is... Well, it's not exactly user friendly.

I'd like to program the LEDs so that they have a slow sunrise cycle, go through about 6-8 hours a day, possibly with a dimmer period in between to simulate cloud cover, and then go through a sunset cycle before hitting moonlight.

The instructions that came with my LED set up show what the buttons are... but not exactly how to program this... That, and I have rams. I'd love to be able to get these guys to breed, but irregular lighting confuses the little dorks.

Does anyone have Sky LED lighting on their tanks? And if they do, could they give me a walk through on what to do, or how to set that up? Or would it simply be easier to just remind myself to turn the lights on and off at set times during the day?

Anyone out there who can help me? :fish2:

to be honest no. I have read about many others who have gone through a learning curve with these programming units.

Hm... not sure. I'll have to watch this video after work, but it looks like another accessory I'll have to buy... I don't mind, of course.... just have to wait for my paycheck.... anyone have any idea how to properly program the lights in the meantime?

Just chuck it on a 24hr timer till u find the time to fiddle with the programming. [emoji106]

Call Fluval / Hagen Customer Service and they should help or point you in the right direction.
Their number USA & UK from what I saw
1-800-554-2436

Back
Top Bottom