Fluval Spec V w/ basic scape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NanoJack

Aquarium Advice Freak
What up plant people!

MTS has hit. (Brian wouldn't be surprised!) I convinced my wife that my 7 month old son needed a tank. "You know like a night light." It worked but the light is too freaking bright lol. Of course, I knew that. Any who, here it is finally planted. Fluval Spec V w/ 16" Finnex FugeRay Planted+. Aquatek CO2 Regulator.

Attachments

• IMG_1360.jpg
    IMG_1360.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 138
Guess who's back.. back again...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446817327.504427.jpg

Week 3. It's been 2 days after adding 10 RCS. You can clearly see they have eaten all the bio film on the Seiryu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotted 4 babies today, so I plugged the lower inlet with spongy media. Also added pre filter sponge on the upper inlet.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447509500.869491.jpg

I've counted approximately 30 babies. Here are some hanging out. Made the mistake of pouring replacement water that wasn't properly mixed with de chlorinator. I think I killed most of my bacteria when I poured the water into the filter housing. Hence the cloudiness. I'm certain it will clear up in about 2 weeks.

Yes, MTS has hit indeed! Nice new acquisition. I've been considering a spec 2g or 3g for my office at work. Anyways, good job and definitely makes for a good nightlight! ;)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was wondering where you were! Good to hear from ya! : [emoji1] ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447526030.491779.jpg

Very nice! I recently re-did my Spec 5 and it's now on my desk as a shrimp only tank. Yours looks so much brighter with the Finnex, might be something to think about :hide:

Very nice! I recently re-did my Spec 5 and it's now on my desk as a shrimp only tank. Yours looks so much brighter with the Finnex, might be something to think about :hide:

Cool... got a pic?

I did some research and my lighting arrived before my spec v. Didn't think the oem fixtures could grow UG or could they? [emoji848]

Cool... got a pic?

I did some research and my lighting arrived before my spec v. Didn't think the oem fixtures could grow UG or could they? [emoji848]

This is my current setup. The wiring behind my desk is a mess that needs to be dealt with, I'm also thinking about adding a background. Kit lighting is a bit too dark for me so an upgrade is on my wish list.

img_3306392_0_1e4f46bf567254016a3a43c3c2e5ef62.jpg

This is my current setup. The wiring behind my desk is a mess that needs to be dealt with, I'm also thinking about adding a background. Kit lighting is a bit too dark for me so an upgrade is on my wish list.

img_3308609_0_1e4f46bf567254016a3a43c3c2e5ef62.jpg

Looks fine to me. Do you have co2? It depends on what you're trying to grow. The more light, the more fertilizer and co2 is needed or else algae will win.

What's that growing in the middle back?

Dang! Nice looking tank! I've never gotten cherry shrimp to breed in my tanks, what's your secret? Mine only lasted a year and then died out

Sent via echolocation

Back
Top Bottom