Foreground plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new to the scene

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm looking for a good foreground covering plant. Not interested in anything that needs a co2 system because I don't have one. I do dose co2 and nutrients with taps aswell. I want it to be fast growing so it can cover the hole ground I do have GRAVEL substrate kinda med to small size. Want this plant to be hardy not easily affected by stuff.

ANY SUGGESTION

All the foreground covering plants I know of need some CO2 daily and really strong lights. If not I believe they just grow straight upward. Dwarf baby tears and glossostigma are two I can think off the top of my head.

new to the scene said:
I'm looking for a good foreground covering plant. Not interested in anything that needs a co2 system because I don't have one. I do dose co2 and nutrients with taps aswell. I want it to be fast growing so it can cover the hole ground I do have GRAVEL substrate kinda med to small size. Want this plant to be hardy not easily affected by stuff.

ANY SUGGESTION

Go to plantgeek.net and go to plant guide

First off, we need to know what size tank your light levels. I'll assume mid-low.
Secondly, how much light do you have?

Saying you want a fast growing and hardy carpet without CO2, good substrate, or high light is kind of silly, honestly. It's kind of like saying "I want a lawn that will stay green all through the summer heat, but I don't want to have to fertilize it, or water it." Rather, a lush green carpet (or a nice lawn for that matter) is a culmination of hours of hard work and patience, as well as investment.

Also, excel is only a complete replacement for CO2 at low-medium lighting levels. I once heard someone say that excel has roughly 1/3 of the impact as CO2. You might consider DIY CO2.

That being said, you might look at Dward Sag (sagittaria subulata).

aqua_chem said:
First off, we need to know what size tank your light levels. I'll assume mid-low.
Secondly, how much light do you have?

Saying you want a fast growing and hardy carpet without CO2, good substrate, or high light is kind of silly, honestly. It's kind of like saying "I want a lawn that will stay green all through the summer heat, but I don't want to have to fertilize it, or water it." Rather, a lush green carpet (or a nice lawn for that matter) is a culmination of hours of hard work and patience, as well as investment.

Also, excel is only a complete replacement for CO2 at low-medium lighting levels. I once heard someone say that excel has roughly 1/3 of the impact as CO2. You might consider DIY CO2.

That being said, you might look at Dward Sag (sagittaria subulata).

Tank is 37 tall light is high t5x2 65k sub is floramax I have seachem tabs and plant liquid fert I'm done with DIY co2 they are crap any way you put it I really don't want to waste $100+ on a co2 system if I really don't need to I've been doing plants now for a while not a noob at it just want a foreground carpet but really don't want a co2 if not needed

Back
Top Bottom