Foreground plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey,

I'm looking for a foreground plant that requires little to no Co2. I have 65W in a 20 gal - plenty of light. Also, my fish "attack" grass like plants and uproot them, so I need ideas for that too.

TIA

I'm sure everyone will suggest that you get Co2 with that much light. The cutoff most use for deciding whether or not Co2 is needed is 2w per gallon. You are at over 3wpg.

As for a plant, none come to my mind, but I am still pretty new to all this too.

With that much light, CO2 is required. If you want, you can use a 50/50 bulb, which will cut the usable light in half. And with that lighting, you can grow a lot of ground cover plants like chain swords, Elotine Tiandra, and a few others.

In either case, CO2 will be beneficial, and the one with the 50/50 bulb, not required but will help. Since it's a small tank, you could use Excel as the carbon source as well, instead of CO2.

Expensive. Those are pretty tiny cartridges, so you're going to be replacing them really often. Within a year you'd have a regular CO2 setup paid for.

have u considered DIY? its soo incredibl simply. if u want some detailed instructions just pm me. i thought it was hard till i finally got explained to properly.

mr funktastic said:
have u considered DIY? its soo incredibl simply. if u want some detailed instructions just pm me. i thought it was hard till i finally got explained to properly.
I second this!

Back
Top Bottom