Foreground Plants for Existing 125 Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mohican

Aquarium Advice Addict
Like to grow some low growing plants in foreground of an established tank 125. HC, dwarf hairgrass, micro swords? I know certain ones do better using "dry start" method but that won't be the case here. Any good thought? Does anyone here sell inexpensive? Lighting is 2-36" T5HO, pressurized co2 and using GLA ferts. Thanks.

Marsilea (there are several different species of this), glosso, crypt parva, elatine triandria and staurogyne repens are some other good foreground plants. All of those would work well in your setup. I know that Peabody's Paradise has glosso, parva and sometimes marsilea.

Your light might be a little on the low side for a tank that size, but with co2 and dosing you won't be too limited. It's more of a question of what you want to grow that what you can grow.

I have 2 other fixtures that currently aren't on the tank which can easily be added. Just wanted to see from others and their experiences on what to grow and a good supplier. I kind of like the look of either dwarf hair grass or dwarf swords. Something that stays about 2"-3" tall. My tank has a problem of excessive growth.

Back
Top Bottom