foreground question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliffz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Folks,
Finally found some time to re-aquascape. I was looking for a mat type foreground plant. I have some dwarf clover that really didnt mat but did grow into some 5 inch lines. Can I attach babytears or glosso to something to keep it fixed to the substrate?
Also--what would go good tied down to drift wood? (On one piece I have dwarf baby tears and java moss.) Something that doesnt get too high. Thanks

55gal
co2-injected
2x65watt
dry ferts

In my 29g, dry fert(EI), 65w, DIY co2 I have a huge carpet of Hemianthus micranthemoides(pearlweed) growing real well. Its actually growing on top of itself. Its about 5" high and everything from the top to the bottom is bright green. Its getting a pretty good trim tomorrow night.

You can definitely attach dwarf baby tears and Glosso to either rocks or wood using thread or fishing line. Riccia also works well when used in this manner. The baby tears have a habit detaching from wood after a while in my experience so you may want to use something that won't dissolve (cotton thread will dissolve in a short time when submersed) like fishing line or even dental floss. Hairnets are also excellent for attaching plants to rocks or wood, just make sure you don't leave any loose ends dangling because fish can easily get snagged in them.

Thanks folks--
Got some Dwarf baby tears and smooth beach stones to attach them too. I also got a cool looking Aqua Fern but when i got home found out it is not a true aquatic plant and will dissolve shortly--They mislead me at LFS. I'm taking it back on principle.

Back
Top Bottom