Former salties first fw shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you got any kind of lip on the tank and a lid they should be fine. Mine will go to the water line occasionally then come back down. Never had one crawl out.

I've never had a Nerite escape, but I did have one of my Mystery Snails escape twice. The latter has not escaped since, but did put velcro hooks around the entire top rim.

I've never had a Nerite escape, but I did have one of my Mystery Snails escape twice. The latter has not escaped since, but did put velcro hooks around the entire top rim.

Velcro hooks? I can’t visualize what you mean. I’d probably just use light diffuser but the wood comes out of the top of the tank in 2 spots so I’d have to cut 2 holes that they could escape through along with the filter area

Velcro hooks? I can’t visualize what you mean. I’d probably just use light diffuser but the wood comes out of the top of the tank in 2 spots so I’d have to cut 2 holes that they could escape through along with the filter area
The backside of smaller tank was open. So twice that I know about the snail followed the heater up and out of the tank. The new tank is completely covered except for slots for plumbing and electrical cords, which were cut to just large for the pass-throughs...

I believe *velcro hooks* are the rough looped half of velcro tape which mate with the *fuzzy* half. I can see this providing a barrier the snails won't travel over

Picked up a couple Nerite snails for this tank today while getting some stuff for the 40b

FUqv8ly.jpg

Fts, I really need to clean the glass, sorry.
HRqy8A7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi just saw this thread.

Your tank looks fantastic - and you made getting there look effortless.

Thanks for sharing.

D

Thanks, it helps when you have an idea of what you’d like the scape to look like and then I play around with different options for a week or 2 before I set it up and go with what I like best.

Thinking about taking the neons out of this tank putting them in the 40 and getting a few Peacock Gudgeons. Lfs has a couple last time I visited so I’ll check when I stop in Friday.

Are the shrimp in this tank you would like to add the Peacock Gudgeon? Many people say they will munch shrimplets. When I had them, I had few babies surviving to adulthood.

Ya it is, but I haven’t added any shrimp yet. I’ll do some thinking I guess

Well picked up the peacocks last night and some what I believe is scarlet temple, it was labeled pink sword but I know it’s not a sword. But for $1.50 (lfs is having a half off sale) I figured I’d try some, wanted 3 got 4 so I tried one in the 40 too and really like the look under that light so may grab a few more. Then I got a call from my buddy that breeds shrimp today and he had 20 cherries I could have so I figured why not try it. I’m gonna get another 10-20 from him in a few weeks too. And now a photo dump [emoji4]
Shrimp shots
u7RY7ow.jpg

LrbqZlS.jpg

6WK4hrv.jpg

zbrFdvz.jpg

nSEUDb8.jpg

5IGjXq5.jpg

Gudgeons
rBgnIeD.jpg

6WK4hrv.jpg

Fts
fJilZaD.jpg

Only see one pic...

That's nice you have some shrimp. They really are fun to watch.

Congrats on the new fish . I expect you will see them creeping in and out of the plants and DW pretty happy. Your set up should be a good home for them.

Back
Top Bottom