FYI: GLA Aquascaping Tools are on clearance!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian_Nano12g

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just found out that GLA is clearing out their high quality aquascaping tools. Made from tungsten steel.

For example, the nude and wave scissors used to be $50 earlier this year... now they're only $15!

I emailed them and spoke with Orlando. The reason they're on clearance is "We have a complete new tool line coming out:) We are really excited to say the least. All new tools across the board!"

I just picked up the 7" spring scissors, 8" wave scissors, and the Pincette - 12".

http://greenleafaquariums.com/aquascaping-tools.html

If you're on the fence for high quality tools, now is the time to snatch them up!

Just found out that GLA is clearing out their high quality aquascaping tools. Made from tungsten steel. For example, the nude and wave scissors used to be $50 earlier this year... now they're only $15! I emailed them and spoke with Orlando. The reason they're on clearance is "We have a complete new tool line coming out:) We are really excited to say the least. All new tools across the board!" I just picked up the 7" spring scissors, 8" wave scissors, and the Pincette - 12". http://greenleafaquariums.com/aquascaping-tools.html If you're on the fence for high quality tools, now is the time to snatch them up!

Thanks! I'm gonna pick some up!

Just bought a straight and spring scissors and pinchette. So stoked to get these in the mail. Thanks for posting about the sale!

Question: To plant plants like DHG, cabomba, alternanthera reineckii, val americana "mini twister", staurogyne repens, dwarf hygro, and some others, will I need some of these tools?

Question: To plant plants like DHG, cabomba, alternanthera reineckii, val americana "mini twister", staurogyne repens, dwarf hygro, and some others, will I need some of these tools?

You don't NEED them but it would make your life a lot easier.

Yes, you need "some" tools

I use 11" tongs a lot, next scissors, almost any could work .

The longer tools make working in deeper tanks easier

So yes, at these prices, get some

Hmm... So I have some scissors, and I'm thinking I'll just use the ones I have, but for tongs, that would help to plant the DHG right?

And :thanks: for the quick response guys!

You will definitely want tongs for DHG.

I use tongs for EVERYTHING cause you can't get roots deep into the substrate without digging otherwise.

For $5 each get a few different shapes and sizes.

Also checkout substratesource on SCAPE, they have a great SS toolkit for $29

Got a leaked photo of the 2014 GLA line of aquascaping tools. All are pictured but missing 4 other new tools (confirmed via PM with Orlando at GLA). Reported to have improved metallurgy and supposed "scary sharpness." I hope the prices stay reasonable for those who missed out on the fire sale on the old line.

img_2690455_0_e1bfde4c24ab50056cc50ac2afe8dba2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom