GE Bright Stick Plant and Aquarium Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't used them, but based on the information in the link you're probably going to want to replace the bulb. It's only about 3000K which isn't in the recommended 5000K to 10000K range for plants. Further the lumens output of the bulb is rather low. Other than this it looks like it would be a fairly space efficient way to get more T12 lighting over a tank fairly easily.

Welcome to AA!

If I'm not mistaken - those light have non-replaceble bulbs.

You might be right kansei. it looks like they fuse the end caps to the bulb....there's really no fixture, just a bulb with fused end caps and a cord.

3000k will grow plants fine...but the color of light it produces will be very yellow and unflattering to plants and many fish colorations.

I used to have it in my 10 gal. It worked fine for that size tank. But, it is not as bright as a 32 W T8, even though it consumes just as much energy. So if your tank is big enough (ie 48"), you might want to go with regular T8's, which will put out 3x the light for same watts.

As far as color goes, you might want to put in a "regular" bright stick in the mix (if you want to stay with the bright sticks). The regular one is more bluish & balances out the more yellow "plant" one.

Back
Top Bottom