General question on manifolds...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
I currently have the Milwaukee regulator, solenoid, bubble counter, and needle valve setup. What do I need to do if I want to incorporate a manifold? I'm thinking of doing 2 manifolds, one on my 10lb bottle for my 75G and 1 10G tank. The other on my 5lb bottle for my 29G and other 10G tank. Thanks.

I believe you would need to remove the need the needle valve and replace it with a 2 port manifold that has two needle valves. A manifold with more ports could be used for future expansion, but you would either need to plug the extra ports or have a needle valve set to of for those ports.

This information is based on research only, so you may want to wait for someone who has experience with manifolds to give additional info.

I have a milwaukee with a manifold. you do indeed remove the existing needle valve/bubble counter from the output of the solenoid valve. then teflon tape and screw in the manifold. tighten with wrench. done.

Cool, I think that's what I'm going to do. There's some manifolds I'm looking at where I can get 2-way, 3-way, and up to 6-way. Think I'll just do the 3 or 4 way, as I probably won't need more than that. and they come with needle valves and bubble counters. The ones I'm not using I can just close off the needle valves til I need them.

Back
Top Bottom