Get my mind right....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thumper828

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Been reading,...seems people think diy co2 is not as "strong" as pressurized co2.... But in my mind I see 1-2 bubbles a second is 1-2 bubbles a second of co2 regardless the source. I can see pressurized being more accurate but stronger?....thoughts?....

Bubble count isn't affected by working pressure once the diffusing mechanism has been initiated. Some diffusion takes very little pressure and some need up to 30psi+. The more the working pressure it takes to diffuse the stronger all the Joints and seals of the DIY system has to be or leaks will occur. Think of the point of diffusion as the weakest "leak" in the system. Hope this makes sense. OS.

Been reading,...seems people think diy co2 is not as "strong" as pressurized co2.... But in my mind I see 1-2 bubbles a second is 1-2 bubbles a second of co2 regardless the source. I can see pressurized being more accurate but stronger?....thoughts?....

Neither one of the systems is "stronger than the other is you have them at the same bps. The main difference between DIY and pressurized is pressurized co2 is like a more refined type of co2. Like you know how you have raw sugar and then refined/fine grain sugar? You can kinda relate to that so that DIY is the raw sugar and pressurized is the fine grained.

Neither one of the systems is "stronger than the other is you have them at the same bps. The main difference between DIY and pressurized is pressurized co2 is like a more refined type of co2. Like you know how you have raw sugar and then refined/fine grain sugar? You can kinda relate to that so that DIY is the raw sugar and pressurized is the fine grained.

Co2 is nothing but Co2. One carbon attached to two oxygen. This amuses me because they even have a "food grade" co2 that they sell for way more than the normal stuff.

The biggest difference between pressurized and diy co2 is the consistency. With diy there is nothing controlling how much co2 is produced except for the yeast. The flow will start out strong and slowly taper off to nothing. Pressurized co2 will more or less have a fairly constant flow rate.

Co2 is nothing but Co2. One carbon attached to two oxygen. This amuses me because they even have a "food grade" co2 that they sell for way more than the normal stuff.

The biggest difference between pressurized and diy co2 is the consistency. With diy there is nothing controlling how much co2 is produced except for the yeast. The flow will start out strong and slowly taper off to nothing. Pressurized co2 will more or less have a fairly constant flow rate.

My thoughts also.....I would actually think that diy co2 could be "purer" since its actually produced by a living organism...perhaps...I don't know ...just thinkin' out loud...

Back
Top Bottom