Getting carpet plants to carpet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slappy Kincaid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got a 30 gal with CO2 and a fluval lighting system. I'm dosing 3 ml of Easy Green 1xweek. Amazonia stratum. The water is pretty soft, pH around 6.6-6.8.

I planted monte carlo and dwarf hairgrass. After 6 weeks, I have new growth, but it is definitely not carpeting anything. Individual strands of hairgrass are popping up and the monte carlo has new growth but hasn't really spread out. What can I do to get a carpet here? Increase ferts?

My water sprite is growing like mad, though.

It can take quite a while for some plants to acclimate and then start growing. Monte Carlo in particular seems to idle for a while in my tanks and then take off like crazy. You might need a more comprehensive fertilization strategy if you have CO2 and light. Are you measuring CO2 level with a drop checker? Nitrates with a liquid test kit?

I had the same problem. It never did jack for me. I finally got tired of the trying and the waiting and you know what I did? I'm ashamed to say...I went to plastic. But only the carpet! The rest is still live! I know...I'll just see myself out now...

Back
Top Bottom