getting serious about planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok ilove all your guys planted tanks im green with envy i have a very limited budget -_- wish it wasent so im planin on upgrading lighting to 20 25 wat cfl soon but before i do that i want to know what can my tank handle i want to ditch my decorations except for mabye the bridge i have ( will post pictures if wated) i have anacharis right now how more bt filter ate most of it my lfs has really amazing i think anubis on driftwood and lavva rock it looks beautiful i want i in my tank so bad theyalso hve java fern swords etc ehat coukd i handle in my tank?

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

any help suggestions tips? sorry for being impaitent it's a bad habbit but im really excited to turn this to a planted wonder land and some amazing drift wood

15g not really stocked imo 4 neon tetra fire dg and a black molly it was lightly planted with anacharis untill as mentioned above me intake tube got hungry

Anubias, java fern, java moss, anacharis, water sprite are just a few options. I would stay away from swords as most get quite large, much too large for a 15g tank. I think you'll like the more natural look. What kind of substrate do you have?

plain gravel kinda kkickin mmy self for it now seeiing as i want to go more planted than i orginaly thought

its colored gravel if that matters at all

You can swap it out with sand or one of the plant substrates farily easily if you really want to. I've never planted in gravel, but I hear it's much harder than sand.

is it a nutrient issue? my anacharis did really well alot of it was propigating really well it suprized me

no, sand isn't going to be any more beneficial as far as nutrients, its more of a root/ease of planting thing. If you're happy with your gravel, leave it.

i was considering swaping subatrate if when i get the plants and they do well i may switch to sand also in my tank do you think a small to mediium sized peice of drift wood would look nice if i nock out a decoration or two?

I have had gravel in planted tanks. It works out ok for most plants. In fact I think stem plants are easier in gravel than finer substrates. If it is colored gravel you may want to swap it anyway if you are looking for a natural looking tank.

i like the way colors contrast i just want a beautiful dense planted tank liike you guys

is 2wpg enough to sustain anubias im getting a great deal on it and want to know if mu tank can sustain it untill i upgrade

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
is 2wpg enough to sustain anubias im getting a great deal on it and want to know if mu tank can sustain it untill i upgrade

Anubias are low light plant. 2wpg is more than enough for it to grow. Check out plantgeek.net for aquatic plant info. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom