Getting started need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griffin120398

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I am interested in setting up a small planted tank in the next few months. I have literally been everywhere in this hobby :lol: I started with a African cichlid tank, then i turned it into a saltwater reef. But it cracked:eek: So i have found myself interested in setting up a small planted tank with a few live bearers, and some corries. I would like to buy a kit if i can. Its just more convenient for me because I am just a teenager, but im not sure what i should get. Any advice would be great.
Thanks!!!!:D

HI Griffin. Welcome to AA. Great forum with great people.
May I suggest getting anything bigger than a 10g. The bigger the tank, the more forgiving it is and easier to keep balanced. If you want to stay kind of small, look at a 16g bowfront, or a 20 long. The 20L is shorter thus a little easier to get adequate light level for plants without spending a lot. IMO light level is the keystone to the planted tank. It determines the type of plants you can grow and what the fert and carbon requirements will be to go with it. Hope this helps. OS.

Thanks! I will try to get bigger but I'm kind of limited to space but thanks a lot for the help!

Back
Top Bottom