GLA 6g Rimless 36-L - My First Iwagumi Inspired Scape Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re-Scape in the Works!!! Say Goodbye to this scape :(

Well I had this tank/scape up for quite sometime... Now that I've had other builds to focus on, this little guy has been on the back-burner. I'm going to tear it down in the coming week or so.

Let's just say the new scape is going to be like the grasslands of the African Serengeti! LOL

I also, added the Finnex Fugeray-R here. Going to repurpose the Ray 2 elsewhere. So far I like this little clip light. Goes well with having a HOB since I removed the lily pipes. I'm also diggin' the less intensity and red diodes in it. It's perfect for this little tank for a less than high-tech approach. :)

iby49R5BpnS3Kh.jpg

ibQoXI4n0CX4o.jpg

if8JBu2yca6VU.jpg

When I start the re-scape, I'll start a new thread. This thread will be retired... Thank you all for following along this journey! I really appreciated all the advice and feedback!

You're keepin it interesting here, Brian! ;) Looking forward to your next couple of builds! :D

Edit: PS tell me you're going true iwagumi! :D

Last edited:
Tanks evolve, that's part of the hobby! Will be waiting to see what your going to do with it!

Yes... iwagumi. Spoiler alert: Ohko and Africana... no DW. Only a few species of plants ;)

What was funny...when I started this thread and called it "iwagumi" I honestly didn't know what that meant until after the fact! Haha...fail!

Last edited:
Tanks evolve, that's part of the hobby! Will be waiting to see what your going to do with it!

Thanks Janis! Are you going to start showing us some eye-candy pictures yet? I'm impatiently waiting for an update on your tanks...I'm particularly interested in your rimless 24g.

Thanks Janis! Are you going to start showing us some eye-candy pictures yet? I'm impatiently waiting for an update on your tanks...I'm particularly interested in your rimless 24g.

Actually I have new pic's of how the 55g has grown AND tomorrow the last of the fish will be going into the tanks but the 24g is getting some pretty cool ones. More Purple Pencilfish, Dwarf Anchor Cats, Irain Red Neon Rainbowfish, Dario sp Junita Hill, and Pygmy Multi Striped Loaches. I also added some more plants and it's beginning to fill in nicely. My daughter is on a 10 day vacation so I told her she has to get new pic's of the fish and tanks.

Awesome! I found an interesting species of fish I want to try. Looks like a small pleco slash flounder...it's called a Hillstream Loach. I also been eyeing up these Clown Killifish too.

So are you getting a new smartphone to get the pics rolling more frequently? I'm inspired by your work and need more pics! Haha

Awesome! I found an interesting species of fish I want to try. Looks like a small pleco slash flounder...it's called a Hillstream Loach. I also been eyeing up these Clown Killifish too.

So are you getting a new smartphone to get the pics rolling more frequently? I'm inspired by your work and need more pics! Haha

Those hill streams are awesome! Someone is selling them on TPT for 8$.

I actually have 3 Red Lizard Loaches coming for the 220g and they too are in the Hillstream family but look different. Remember that Hillstream loaches like a little cooler temps and a lot of current. I also have 2 rare Royal Whiptail Cats, Lamontichthys llanero coming. I haven't seen one for sale in over 10 years. Then I have Neon Rasbora's the blue variant coming for the 55g.

The Clown Killi's are interesting but very tiny. I have some Water Hyacinth in the 55g now and the Clowns love them.

I've kept so many species of fish I'm in the mood for different.

And yes a new phone is coming soon as mine is about to shoot craps.

Back
Top Bottom