Glass Diffuser - keeping the tubing on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltydog

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have recently setup a pressurized CO2 system (my first). Right now I have the CO2 going into a powerhead for diffusion because I cannot get the tubing to stay on my glass diffuser.

The tube keeps slipping off. I have even tried aquarium sealant, but invariably the CO2 finds its way out of that. :x

So, anyone have advice? Or maybe I should move away from using the glass diffuser and move to a reactor?

Thanks!

My question would be: is the tubing the right size for the diffusor lip? Worst case you can try a a pipe clamp (loosely with glass!) or a zip tie. If you're desperate you may even try heating the tubing to shrink it, but I hesitate to suggest this because it may do more damage than good. Your best bet is to figure out if you've got the right diameter for your diffusor.

travis simonson said:
My question would be: is the tubing the right size for the diffusor lip? Worst case you can try a a pipe clamp (loosely with glass!) or a zip tie. If you're desperate you may even try heating the tubing to shrink it, but I hesitate to suggest this because it may do more damage than good. Your best bet is to figure out if you've got the right diameter for your diffusor.

I guess it would appear not to be the right size. The tubing and diffusor came together when I bought my pressurized system, so I made an assumption :oops: that they should work together.

Do you guys recommend the glass diffusor over a reactor? I guess I could try to make my own reacotor using some info on this board if it would be better at getting the CO2 into the water than the diffusor.

Back
Top Bottom