Glosso growing up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niccobacci11

Aquarium Advice Freak
So last Wednesday I bought some Glosso from my lfs that I suspect being emersed which is no big deal. So long story short I planted it and now it has made good progress growing about an inch but going up. Is this to be expected from newly planted Glosso? I have a finnex planted+ about 7 or 8 inches from the sand. From all the par charts that I read on the internet the par I have at my substrate is 60+ which should be plenty of light to make the straitest plant grow sideways. My rotala has no problem growing sideways. I have pressurized co2 running at about 1 bubble every two seconds as of right now tweaking a little here and there. The tank is a 2.5 gallon. I do have a little algae problem on the glass and rocks but I think that is a slight imbalance that is in the works of being fixed. The plants themselves have not a spot of algae on them. Everything is growing better than I imagined it would have my rotala is growing almost fast enough to watch the only problem I can't figure out is the Glosso growing up???

The first two pictures are right after I had planted the Glosso.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407914614.621519.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407914645.525581.jpg

The second two pictures are after the week has gone by the dead leaves at the bottom of the Glosso are the leave i think were emersed.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407914745.847430.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407914774.989367.jpg

Any ideas or is this just a thing that happens to the best of us

}<((((' > }<((((' >}<((((' >}<((((' >
}<((((' >}<((((' >}<((((' >
}<((((' >}<((((' >}<((((' >}<((((' >

Back
Top Bottom