Glossostigma ellatinoides for carpet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatchandRelease

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, new to the forum here. I have a simple low tech tank right now, but interested in trying some aquascaping and carpet plants. Im maybe a little past beginner now, but learning alot.

I ordered some glossostigma ellatinoides seeds (small leaf) for my carpet. My tank is 7.9 gal. My LED light source outputs 380 lumens. I read online that a high light source would be 40 lumens per gal. My light is also 7500k I believe.

Anyone had any trial and error with this plant? Any advice would be appreciated.
I was just going to try it with soil from the pet store. Im also interested what you think of my light setup. And is Co2 a must? Its a fairly small tank and I got a ton of seeds.

Hey mate, seeds are a waste of time, you’ll find they won’t be glosso and they will grow tall and then die out after about a month or so.

Need more info on the lighting, brand etc.

Co2 isn’t a must but certainly helps a lot. You can use excel as a substitute considering the tank is so small [emoji106]

Light is nicrew i believe. Not sure what excel is lol, fertilizer? Ill have to check it out

Light is nicrew i believe. Not sure what excel is lol, fertilizer? Ill have to check it out

Excel is a liquid carbon product (co2) it’s my seachem. It increases uptake of fertilisers. If going the seachem route then u will also need seachem flourish, maybe iron and maybe potassium.

Or u can by thrive from nilcoG.com or u can buy the dry salts and use the pps pro method.

All of this takes extensive research so you’ll have abit of homework to do ;)

Remember to follow the golden rule,
More light = more co2 = more ferts.

Less light = less co2 = less ferts.

A nutrient rich substrate is also very handy to have

Back
Top Bottom