Going off to college

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ababin64

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm going to college and I have a 20 gallon planted aquarium that I can't bring ):
Anyway, I only have a nerite snail in the tank as of right now because I had a intestinal parasite that killed off my fish. I've had no fish for about two weeks hoping that the parasite will die off. I was wondering if I should try to introduce some Cardinal tetras to produce CO2 in the tank so that my plants will survive. Or is it ok with just my nerite? My sister will be maintain tank care.

If you know your sister can handle more fish, add some more!

I'd hold off for now. In the event that whatever caused the demise of the previous fish is still somehow present, there is a chance that the new occupants may succumb to it as well. Likely? Probably not. But it leaves your sister the task of caring for sick fish.
The plants don't need the fish. The CO2 will be off gassed through proper aeration/circulation.

I'd hold off for now. In the event that whatever caused the demise of the previous fish is still somehow present, there is a chance that the new occupants may succumb to it as well. Likely? Probably not. But it leaves your sister the task of caring for sick fish.
The plants don't need the fish. The CO2 will be off gassed through proper aeration/circulation.

I agree. You won't have time to worry about the fish anyway. Wait until an extended break to add more fish so that you'll have more time to examine things.

Back
Top Bottom