Goldfish eatting Dwarf Lilly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MoraRocks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My dwarf Lily has chunks floating off it in the tank. all the bottom leaves are gone, ive been trimming the stems slowly. there are 3 fancy goldfish and 2 platys. could they be eating it??

I definitely think your goldies are munching on it when your not watching. I have water lettuce and water hyacinth right now and they spend all day picking at it! :)

The only plants I have in my goldfish tank that they don't eat are the anubias and java fern. The do try to drag the anubias around the tank though.

Yea that's all normal my goldies do the same. You can feed em veggies yourself. Rubber band a chip clip to a suction cup or something that'll keep it afloat n hang some lettuce off of it.

oh wow, I had no idea they ate veggies.. I think I might replant it in another tank by itself till it regrows and get them a different plant.. Thanks guys!!

Veggies daily are the only reason I am able to keep any plants. Most my of guys prefer the veggies to the plants and are only destructive if they dont get their slew of veggies every day. A few days out of town and I usually come home to a mess! :)

Back
Top Bottom