Good background plant for low light 6 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shadey

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 6 gallon that's been set up for about a year. It is mostly full of crypts (parva, wendtii 'Mi Oya', wendtii tropica, willissii), and I have some anubias nana petit tied to rocks and a piece of driftwood. All of which is doing pretty good, but they are short!

I think the lights I've got are these ones:
http://www.amazon.com/Brightest-LED...AIIE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309279640&sr=8-1
I replaced the stock bulbs with them.

I want something tall and thick to cover the back wall, if possible. I was thinking maybe wisteria or java fern... I dunno. Any suggestions? Thanks !

Shadey said:
I have a 6 gallon that's been set up for about a year. It is mostly full of crypts (parva, wendtii 'Mi Oya', wendtii tropica, willissii), and I have some anubias nana petit tied to rocks and a piece of driftwood. All of which is doing pretty good, but they are short!

I think the lights I've got are these ones:
http://www.amazon.com/Brightest-LED-Angle-Lumen-1113WH/dp/B002L2AIIE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309279640&sr=8-1
I replaced the stock bulbs with them.

I want something tall and thick to cover the back wall, if possible. I was thinking maybe wisteria or java fern... I dunno. Any suggestions? Thanks !

Ambulia or water sprite are pretty good!

I was reading that the main difference between wisteria and watersprite, was that the latter is harder to keep... is that true?

Do a java moss wall, I think that's not crazy high light moss..

I second the suggestion for a java moss wall. I've got two 15W incandescent bulbs on my 10g tank and my java moss has stayed green. It grows more slowly under lower light, but it still grows. I recently erected a moss wall in my tank and am waiting for it to grow out.

Back
Top Bottom