Good Cheap LEDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
Looking to get some recommendations for LED lights on a 4 ft. 55 Gallon tank. Plan on having plants but just ones attqched to driftwood or rock. Its actually my bosss tank.

I dont know what the budget is really. My guess is $200 or something. I use a xen-lux led fixture on my 39 gallon reef tank and they work good for the price. I think they make fixtures for freshwater pkants. That purple pinkish lighting.

If you're only getting plants that attach to driftwood and rocks, those are low light plants like anubias, java fern, and mosses.

You'd be fine with that budget to get a Finnex Fugeray 48" (or 2x 24" versions).

If you want at least medium light to grow other plants, get the Finnex Ray 2.

BTW, although these fixtures come in 48", if the tank setup allows you to setup two 24" fixtures side-by-side, I'd get those instead.. so if the light is defective, it would only affect half the lights. Oh and make sure to get the "DS" model if you get the Ray 2 -- which is all daylight 6500K, not actinic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom