Good fish to go with neon tetras.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanLikesFishAndBeer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm currently stocking my 25 gallon tank. I currently only have 4 neon tetra and a algae eater. What fish would go well with them?

Up it to atleast 6 neons but I'd say 10 and a betta :)

Could also do a pair of rams if you'd rather go that route after upping your school of neons. I like the golden rams but most people seem to like the blues more but both are sensitive fish

Yeah get at least a few more neons. Then you could do some other types of tetras! I love rummynose tetras great colors. Maybe some cory cats too. Or mabye a Dwarf Gourami of some sort

There are two really neat little fish that compliment neons, work in a 20 gallon, and tend to stay in the upper water level. The first is Threadfin rainbows Threadfin Rainbow - Large Tropical Freshwater Fish for Sale and the other is Spotted Blue-eyes Spotted Blue-eye - Medium Tropical Freshwater Fish for Sale I've kept the blue-eyes and currently have threadfins and both are really incredible little fish. Plus their color really works well with neons. I'd also look for dwarf cory cats. Plus there are some little rasboras too.

Back
Top Bottom