Good lighting. cost and choices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

molliwopp

Aquarium Advice Addict
Right so im looking into a planted 30g and want some good lighting.

I would like to keep the original hood and was wondering if there are any options adaquate for plants that could actually screw into the hood?
Maybe led strip lighting?

Right so im looking into a planted 30g and want some good lighting.

I would like to keep the original hood and was wondering if there are any options adaquate for plants that could actually screw into the hood?
Maybe led strip lighting?

There isn't really an easy way to upgrade the lighting in a fixture such as that. Without modifying the light itself which, while not being terribly difficult isnt something I would want to do.

Unless you have certain fish that are notorious jumpers such as hatchets and sword tails you could go without the lid and should be just fine. I went topless on my 55g tank and haven't had a single carpet surfer to date.

As for affordable fixtures, take a look at the aquatic life dual t5ho light fixtures. They are affordable and should give you a high light level in your tank.

If you're technically savvy, you might be able to retrofit a hood with T5HOs, but that more complicated than most people (myself included) want to put up with.

What are your goals with the lighting in terms of the type of plants you want to grow? Current Truelumen Pro or Ecoxotic Stunner and Panorama Pro LEDs all have the ability to get screwed in under a hood.

Back
Top Bottom