Good plant for driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hatty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking for a good plant to attach to driftwood. I had java fern and it worked fairly well, but due to it being close to the light source, it didn't do so well. So, does anyone have suggestions as to what plant would work well here? Thanks.

you can attach java moss to driftwood too but dont know if that would do same thing as java fern did for ya...

I've used java moss before, but it tends to invasive and annoying, so id rather not use that stuff.

lol figured you knew about it but had to throw it out there. i think anubias or some at least will attach to d.w. but i might be wrong at least it might be something to start your search with.

what is the issue though with lighting?

Is the driftwood big and sticking close to top of tank?

The problem with the java fern is that the high light will "burn" the plant. And since the wood is very close to the light, the java fern just doesn't do well.

I'm just afraid any thing will have same affect for ya but idk without trying and if course seeing exactly what u have.

Do u have an option to put the light higher?

But doing that might mess with what else u have in there (lower in tank)

The light can't be moved since I have dwarf hairgrass in the bottom of the tank. I can try anubias and hope it wont be torched by the light.

Back
Top Bottom