Good schooling fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punkyfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey I'm looking for a good schooling fish for my 64lt. Currently I have 2 swordtails, 2 guppies, and 3 corys.

The best schooling fish I have ever had have been rummy nose tetra. I have a school of 7 in one tank and 6 in another and they are always together.

I agree with Rummy Nose Tetras but they can be a bit delicate
I have found Harlequin Rasboras and Neon Tetras to also be good schoolers

Bleeding heart tetras are great schooling fish....very hearty.....mine have lived through 3 moves in the last year! Beautiful lavender colors once established in a tank....mine tend to be shy sometimes but are always together! I have 3 white tetras that school with them occasionally too.

I'd get the smallest schooling fish you can find so you can fit an appropriately sized school in the tank.

I've looked into the harlequin rasboras and am swinging towards those, what do u guys think? Will they get along with the others in the tank? Thanks to all

+1 to the Neon Tetras, but be careful, they're not very hardy...

Also, do yourself a favor and avoid Black Skirt Tetras. They're pretty nippy, and the White Skirt is just the albino of the same. I just went through a disaster last weekend. Got four to finish a school and **** broke loose from there... They were at each others' fins until they were literally turning sideways and couldn't stay upright properly...

Harlequins are another of my favorites!! Here's pics of my 10 gal harlequins and espies :) good luck!

Actually they might be glowlight rasboras or.....the ones that start with an H....I can never remember...lol

Just brought 5 harlequin rasboras! Seem to be settling in. Thanks for the help

I couldn't get any decent pics as they swim pretty fast when they want to so I uploaded a short vid to u tube.
. Hope the link works

Those rasboras are beautiful. It's so magnificent to see them shoaling together like that. Good choice, Punkfish. I approve.

Thank you for the video! I loved it!

Back
Top Bottom