Good source for shrimp...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dapellegrini

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I really want to add some interesting shrimp to my tank, and have determined that I will need to mail order. I have been looking at azgardens.com, as they have a big selection and seem like a reputable source, but the cost is very high. For a couple dozen assorted shrimp, I am well into the $100 range before shipping... Ughhh...

Anyone local in AZ selling shrimp? Any other good online sources that are not this expensive?

You will occasionally see various shrimp listed for sale on other forums. Usually it's just Cherry Red Shrimp, but occasionally there are others listed as well. You could also check out AquaBid, you'd just need to check out the seller before bidding. Freshwaterinverts is highly recommended by a lot of members and I've been thinking about ordering some Tiger Shrimp from him.

Purrbox,

Thanks for that link. They don't have the nerites I'm looking for (still trying to find a place where I don't have to spend $30 and then pay a high shipping rate!), but I was interested reading about the GH effects a snail population can cause on a tank when the population is growing quickly. I'll have to keep an eye on my GH levels in my main tank once I start to put more snails in them (I'm currently trying to breed snails in my 10gallon QT tank).

Back
Top Bottom