Gorgeous New Acquisitions!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaiofcanada

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I found this gem of a local fish store and they had the most amazing selection of plants!!! So unusual for Chicago. The prices are a bit steep but totally worth it since I didn't have to pay to have them shipped.

One is some sort of cabomba and the other is some variety of lotus. Neither were tagged. Love the colours!!!

Attachments

• P8130095.jpg
    P8130095.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 57
  • P8130096.jpg
    P8130096.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 57
:) Just gotta get some root tabs soon, so they can flourish. I am also looking for some red nesaea and some azolla.

Congratulations! They are gorgeous. The lotus is a red lotus. They are beautiful and as they grow they will shoot out near the top of your tank. The cabomba appears to be a red cabomba.

Congratulations! They are gorgeous. The lotus is a red lotus. They are beautiful and as they grow they will shoot out near the top of your tank. The cabomba appears to be a red cabomba.

Nice :)

Any tips on how I can ensure they keep this colour? I have 3.5wpg currently with CO2 setup. I dose with Flourish, potassium, and have flourite substrate. I try to keep my nitrates under 10ppm, but am still stocking the tank with other plants slowly.

The red lotus is so red it is almost purple in some places and pink in others, the red cabomba has a brilliant pinkish red crown. I want to keep them this way :)

Interesting. That's about an hour away from me. If I'm up that way I'll definitely check it out.

Back
Top Bottom