Got snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blizowman1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I went to the local fish store about two weeks ago and bought what I believe is an Anubis of some sort but now i have notice little snails when I look at my tank at night they are still baby's but maybe some one can tell me what kind they are and if they are a problem to my plants and I'll include a pic of the plant I bought that I think they came in on... Thank you

img_1898815_0_85963aeecb8b1b54b995ee4acd12d2bf.jpg

img_1898815_1_710c8b8988dcee9a5122485d5065aaf2.jpg

img_1898815_2_b8c5a5cd9dc6d81cd3f8b943d07ba223.jpg

Will they over take my tank like a regular snail would and if so how do I get rid of them if they start multiplying in abundance.... And can you tell what kind of Anubis I have from the pic

I thinks Pleco must be picking them off cause I ain't seen as many here lately as before

I guess I would just wait and see what it looks like when it gets bigger; it may look like something more identifyible. Problem with that is by the time it grows and you don't want it, it may have laid eggs elsewhere and now you could have a problem. I've considered getting a pleco as well as snails in my tank seem to come and go. I haven't seen any assassin snails at my lfs and I have a hard time swallowing shipping snails as it in itself can be $$$. Who'd thought that one tiny hitchhicker can over run a tank.

Back
Top Bottom