Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-23-2007, 05:02 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Gravel Question/Water change

My tank has been set up for a few months now. It's also hard cleaning with the plants. When you clean your gravel/water change does your tank get cloudy? My tank gets pretty cloudy from the added iron I have in my gravel and fish wast. I do water changes every week. I was just wondering when you guys clean your tank does the water fill with debris.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:00 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
I never vacuum gravel and I do a 50% plus changes every week. The water does not get cloudy. How much are you feeding?

Old 03-30-2007, 12:22 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich311k
I never vacuum gravel and I do a 50% plus changes every week. The water does not get cloudy. How much are you feeding?
2-3 min rule.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:06 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm with rich.........the only time I vac the gravel is to suck up the occasional tumblemoss.

Ya that is my term for pieces of moss that are detached from the main plant and balled up by the current.

When I do water changes I do sometimes get some cloudiness going on.......but nothing epic. Goes away in a few mins.

Your tank is still young so you probably don't have an established carpet.......is that correct?
A good carpet helps to keep the mulm under control.
How heavily planted is your tank? Any pics?
GlitcH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
change, gravel, water change

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com